Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter in Belgium. Part#1

This year my husband and I were fortunate to spend easter in Belgium.
It was my first time in Belgium, while my husband had been there before. 
I must say... I was not disappointed.

Grand Place:






I must admit that I have a weakness for cathedrals. I'm a big fan of Ken Follett, author of "The Pillars of the Earth".
So of course, I just had to visit the Cathédrale of Saints-Michel-et-Gudule.
Just beautiful!
The stained glass windows were incredible.












We stayed in the Saint-Catherine area, known as "the real stomach of Brussels" (according to Jamie Oliver).
This area has a lot of great restaurants. 
 
 La Marée. This one we stumbled upon by coincidence. 
They had the most incredible fresh fish and mussels.


La Villette. 
Great Belgium food.




Brussels is a great city to visit if you love architecture, art, chocolate, beer and good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...