Friday, October 5, 2012

Giving back.

About 16 years ago, my husband, our two daughters and I were lucky enough to live a couple of years in sunny California.
My husband was offered a job in a Norwegian company located in Long Beach. We settled in Huntington Beach, know as Surf City, and we absolutely loved it.
We try to go back every fall to visit good friends and enjoy the nice weather before preparing ourselves for the long cold winter in Norway.

In San Pedro and Palos Verdes, there are large communities of scandinavians. It was wonderful being a part of the Norwegian Seamen´s Church and the Scandinavian Center at Nansen field (SCAN). It was truly a home away from home.

Every year, the Seamen´s Church and SCAN organizes a fundraising event by arranging a Golf Tournament. This year I really wanted to give something back for all the support our family got during our time in California. So I donated a Mixed Media canvas for a silent auction.













It´s 12" x 12", so it will actually fit in my suitcase.



2 comments:

  1. When I read the word HUMMEL in your site title, I immediately thought of the Hummel figurines that my grandmother used to collect. :-) So glad to be participating in Flying Lessons with so many remarkable and talented women! ~ Seasons of Grace & Wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great! I love Ca born and raised ;) happy you can visit. It's so cool you are donating the painting to the area. It's a beautiful painting.

    Your fellow flyer,
    Chandra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...