Tuesday, November 6, 2012

New supplies.

Whenever I travel to California I try to stock up on my art supplies.
There are some really good online stores like Bikuben ( http://bikuben.com ), and Scrappiness ( http://scrappiness.no ), in Norway, and I think it's important to support them too.

Golden Acrylics are the perfect mixed media paint. I usually apply them with a brayer in random places on canvases or Art Journals, it gives a really good effect.





This year I bought Pan Pastels. I have wanted them for a long time. I did try Oil Pastels, but Pan Pastels seem so much easier to blend. I will be looking into a couple of online workshops held by Donna Downey.
I love to learn new techniques so I can't wait.





Stencils plays a big part when I work on canvases and in my Art Journals. It's so much fun building layers with Ink Sprays and paint, you never know what you'll end up with. I love it, and I think that an artist can never have to many Stencils!





I love Tim Holtz Stamp Collections. I got 5 new Stamp sets. I can't wait to use them.

















German Glass Glitter, the real stuff, is something I buy every year. It works beautifully on holiday projects because it actually tarnishes, and gets the most amazing patina, it looks Vintage, which I love!





Magazines are a big inspiration source for me. I always get a bunch of the newest publication from Somerset Studios. I really want to buy them all, but magazines are so heavy in a suitcase, so I try to be reasonable!





I really enjoy spending time in bookstores. I alway check out Barnes & Nobles for new Mixed Media books. They have a lot to choose from.





As Many of you know, I just finished Kelly Rae Roberts E-Course Flying Lessons. I have wanted some of her prints for a long time, but found out that she does not ship International. I decided to order them and have them sent to my friends address in Long Beach, it worked perfectly. 

I'm now the proud owner of two beautiful prints from my mentor Kelly Rae Roberts! 




 
 

6 comments:

  1. Drooling here! You have got a nice stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy oh boy...you sure did spoil yourself!!! Yipeee! I want to come to your house to play! Looks like ALOT of fun and inspiration is right at your fingertips. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Testing comments without any account

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a beautiful clean fresh looking blog you have. I have always been a fan of so much white. It makes all your images look fab, or maybe that is the art materials themselves! You have picked some lovely ones and I am a tiny bit jealous because Golden Paints are not available here either. Happy to fly by and see you here, fellow flyer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blog and what a nice haul of supplies! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...